ReRe: [zigzag] Folding spreadsheets | How clones work

>Very original and possibly useful, but you've got it backward.
>
>A clone cell doesn't have the connections of its master,
> only the contents.  So the guaranteed same contents can be
> in more than one place.  If you want to link those contents
> in the same dimension twice, you clone them.  Right now the
> visualization is crude, but it'll get better.
>
>Best, Ted

If the clone cell had the contents of its master, that would
mean storing the cell contents twice.  Wasteful and expensive
if the cell contained graphics.  I assume you mean the clone
cell _visualizally_ looks like the original.  I assume the
clone cell contains a reference to the original cell, either/or
via a bidirectional link or a cell reference in the cell content.
(a bidirectional link would allow a user to scroll though a
series of clones, a cell reference in the cell contents would be
a direct link)

Visually, you could edit the clone but it is original that would
change internally.

Brent