Re: :zz: We should standardize XML transmission of ZZstrux

Greets!

Actually, I use hash tables and linked lists - I serialise into XML as one
of many in/output-type things - I'm fairly neutral about the exact format
of the XML - maybe I'll give it a hard, attacking think during some of my
<cough/> free time *8-)

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Leslie Carr wrote:

> At 08:14 22/11/2001 +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> >There are now four different XML structures for ZZ--
> >  - as used in Gzz
> >  - as used by Les Carr
> >  - as used by Ian Heath
> >  - as used by Adam Moore
> >
> >Is anyone interested in mooting a standard?  So we can EXCHANGE?
>
> Gzz and Leszz both use variants of XML.
>
> Gzz.xml consists of a cells list followed by lists of dimensions (and the
> connections in each one).
> Leszz.xml consists of a list of cells where each cell contains a list of
> connections to each dimension.
>
> Either format is easy to produce by a fully-zz-enabled application.
> Outside that environment (e.g. using awk to process a slice in order to
> produce a data file to send to a graph drawing program) either one of these
> perspectives may be most useful, depending on the app. (Unsurprisingly, I
> have so far found the Leszz form to be most helpful.)
> Perhaps an interchange form should redundantly contain BOTH perspectives.
>
> Of course, in the future there will be NO applications which are
> zz-unaware, and the above is not a significant point :-)
>
> Leszz also contains a lot of other stuff (tutorial defn's etc) which should
> soon be folded into the cell structure.
> ---
> Les

Dr Adam Moore