Re: [zzdev] :zz: Getting ZZ to open automatically at Keio

On Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 05:09:05AM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> (Please confirm that this is correct before I
>  confront CNS with it.) --------------------------------

Yes, looks right to me!

> To review our discussions of the day:
>
> to get a ZZ file to open automatically when a
>  URL to that file is clicked--
>
> 1) there has to be some stuff in the server;
> 2) there has to be some stuff in each browser.
>
> I will discuss this with the folks at CNS, as follows:
>
> 1)  Could they please add a mime-type to their table
>  with the name
> application/x-zigzag
>  and which is associated with the suffix
> .zz
>  ?
>
> 2)  Could they please reconfigure the browsers
>  to open zigzag as a helper application when
>  a file suffixed .zz is opened?

And also files of MIME-type "application/x-zigzag" regardless of suffix.
The command to run as a helper application is of course just "zigzag"
with the downloaded filename as a parameter.

Cheers,
	*** Xanni ***
--
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx                         Andrew Pam