ReRe3: [zigzag] Folding spreadsheets | Your exc. definition

And you also said--

>By the way, I think a good definition of zzspace would be this:
>"ZZspace consists of cells which can contain text, pictures,
>sounds or other media.  These cells can have as many as two links
>(in a positive or negative direction) per dimension."

Excellent!  Except since they only contain text right now,
 the system has yet to live up to your definition.

ChrzT

At 12:27 PM 9/10/99, you wrote:
>At 05:07 PM 10/09/99 +0900, you wrote:
>>Hi--
>>
>>Hint: rearrangements are what clones are for.
>>
>>Best, Ted
>>
>OK, I think I get it.  You would clone the whole spreadsheet.
>The individual cell contents would be maintained in the orginal
>dimensions of the spreadsheet.  In the clone dimension, each
>and every cell would be copied but their would be no contents
>in the cells themselves (or there might be a cell reference
>indicting where the cell contents are maintained).
>What would be copied would be all the horizontal and vertical
>links from the spreadsheet.  And each empty cell in the clone
>dimension would have a link to the orginal contents along the
>clone dimension.
>
>Then in the clone dimension you are free to do rearrangements.
>I would assume you would have a tool which would break or create
>an entire column or entire row of links.
>
>This solution sounds elegant enough.  I am gaining more confidence
>in the zzspace concept.
>
>To make it complete, all there is left to duplicate is the ability
>to make a heading stand still while you are scrolling through
>contents.  This would require a new window in zzspace (per axis)
>and a function to freeze a cell.  Probably something that will
>appear in future versions of zigzag.
>
>By the way, I think a good definition of zzspace would be this:
>"ZZspace consists of cells which can contain text, pictures,
>sounds or other media.  These cells can have as many as two links
>(in a positive or negative direction) per dimension."
>
>Until I figured that out zzspace didn't make much sense to me.
>

>Brent

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England

 - - -  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx    - - -  world-wide fax 1/415/331-4422
 - - -  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    - - -  http://www.xanadu.net

 - - - - - Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
Quotation of the Day, 99.09.07
Everything is interconnected, but not uniformly.  TN99