Re: [zigzag] :zz: Re: zigzag drive

On Sat, Jul 04, 1998 at 09:47:09AM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> To the best of my knowledge, you **could**
>  mount the other partitions under Linux,
>  and do as you liked with them, but that would
>  have to be done explicitly (though it could be
>  in a mischievous config file).
>
> If you're in control of your own machine,
>  it should be okay, right, Andrew?

Exactly.  To access the Windows partitions under Linux you would have
to specify that you wanted to do that during the initial install or by
later doing so explicitly; you can also mount them read-only if you wish.
Of course it is still possible for the system administrator to access
the hard drive directly, bypassing the partitions and so forth, but
that's another reason why you should immediately create a normal user
account when first installing Linux and use that for everything except
administrative tasks that require you to become root temporarily.

Cheers,
	*** Xanni ***
--
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx                         Andrew Pam