[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] VobScene
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] VobScene
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 22:35:53 +1000
- In-reply-to: <20010502143412.J23764@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from lukka@xxxxxxxxxx on Wed, May 02, 2001 at 02:34:12PM +0300
- References: <20010502135102.I23764@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20010502212352.A4151@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20010502143412.J23764@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 02:34:12PM +0300, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> Clipping, yes. Speed, no. For example, if we are drawing only lines and
> strings of text, the X render extension can draw the antialiased text
...but not arbitrary images.
> OTOH, rotating an image by a non-90deg angle must be done in software
> and is pretty time-consuming. Especially if we have to move it from
> the server to the client space.
Hmmm. Looks like a good place for another X extension... :) I believe
Berlin can do this, BTW. Also a good place for hardware support...
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.com.au/ Chief Scientist, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technology Manager, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 477, Blackburn VIC 3130 Australia Phone +61 401 258 915