[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] VobScene
- To: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] VobScene
- From: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 14:34:12 +0300
- Cc: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20010502212352.A4151@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Wed, May 02, 2001 at 09:23:52PM +1000
- Mail-followup-to: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- References: <20010502135102.I23764@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20010502212352.A4151@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 09:23:52PM +1000, Andrew Pam wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 01:51:02PM +0300, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > I feel there is a cleaner way but can't quite put my finger on it yet.
> How about drawing into a buffer, then rotating the whole buffer before
> blitting it to the screen? Much simpler than supporting rotated fonts,
> and should nest better too. Should also allow better clipping and
> speed optimisations.
Clipping, yes. Speed, no. For example, if we are drawing only lines and
strings of text, the X render extension can draw the antialiased text
OTOH, rotating an image by a non-90deg angle must be done in software
and is pretty time-consuming. Especially if we have to move it from
the server to the client space.