[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: Referential text
- To: Benjamin Fallenstein <b.fallenstein@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: Referential text
- From: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:01:57 +0300 (EETDST)
- Cc: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxx>, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <39F87CE5.20AE8AEA@xxxxxx>
> > > is the current ZZText interface final enough for me to start coding an
> > > i18n draft based on it?
> > I'm not sure yet. What do you think?
> I think we should give it a try -- which means that we have to hand it
> through to the cell views. (That's going to be some work which I don't
> have time for at the moment.) Just one thing: ZZText.split(...) should
> definitely be static.
Actually, that calls into question the whole approach again.
> I guess advanced ZZTexts should be cascading, i.e. take another ZZText
> in their constructor -- that way, e.g. texts in different languages can
> be referential as well.
Or they should defer to the earlier level.
I'm now thinking that ZZText might *not* be the place to do referential
text. Rather, we should have ZZCell have a function that returns a
RString, and a fairly low-level way to do this but also have access to the
contents inside the ZZ space, one span per cell.