Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Fully general cell references

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On 20000819T210545+0200, Benjamin Fallenstein wrote:
> > At
> > some point EVERY cell deletion should move the cursors on the cell, btw.
>
> This is fine for interactive use, but for scripting, it's better to
> invalidate the cursor than to silently move it.

Hm -- usually right, except when it's not. :} There are always data
pointers which should be moved, like cursors into a vstream: when part
of the vstream is deleted, the cursors should of course stay on the
vstream, in most cases at least. So cursors should be able to 'decide'
what happens when their cell is deleted. I've thought for some time they
ought to have prefered dimensions on which they should be moved -- d.2
for vstream cursors, maybe d.xeq for positions in a script (not nice if
your program crashes because you try something out when debugging it);
it seems they also should be able to invalidate. I think it would be
good to have structparams on the cursor cell, the delete preferences
being one or more of them.

-b.