Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Fully general cell references

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho schrieb:

> On 20000819T121547+0200, Benjamin Fallenstein wrote:
> > Now, what should the dimensions be called? Obviously d.cursor-cargo can
> > retain its name. The reference continue and reference end dimensions
> > remain. To be compatible with current spaces, d.cursor would have to be
> > the continue dimension (we then could define that if the negend on
> > d.cursor isn't continued on d.cursor-end, that negend shall be the
> > accursed cell; all cursor MOVEMENTS would change stuff to the new
> > system).
>
> This system would be disastorous.  Suppose that a cell that is being
> referred to is deleted.  Under this scheme the references silently
> readjust to refer to a cell in the reference structure instead of just
> becoming obviously broken (nil, if you will).

Well, it's exactly what we had before, with the same implications. At
some point EVERY cell deletion should move the cursors on the cell, btw.
But anyway, the current implementation does what you want.

- Benja