Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Fully general cell references

On 20000819T121547+0200, Benjamin Fallenstein wrote:
> Now, what should the dimensions be called? Obviously d.cursor-cargo can
> retain its name. The reference continue and reference end dimensions
> remain. To be compatible with current spaces, d.cursor would have to be
> the continue dimension (we then could define that if the negend on
> d.cursor isn't continued on d.cursor-end, that negend shall be the
> accursed cell; all cursor MOVEMENTS would change stuff to the new
> system).

This system would be disastorous.  Suppose that a cell that is being
referred to is deleted.  Under this scheme the references silently
readjust to refer to a cell in the reference structure instead of just
becoming obviously broken (nil, if you will).

--
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%