"Mailboxes" is a misnomer

Hi all--

reading the CyberText article, I've just noticed a bad misnomer:
"mailboxes" for the different places in which you store mails. A
mailbox, if my English serves me right, is the thing that is next to the
entrance of your house: there's one per flat, usually. Extending this to
the computer world, a mailbox is space in which all mails for one person
(or a group of persons) arrive. You hardly sort your mail into different
_mailboxes_! ;) So "mailbox" suggests the wrong things.

"Filing" comes pretty close, although it has the wrong conotations. What
about "topic group" or something?

- Benja