[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] what was the kaffe problem?
- To: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] what was the kaffe problem?
- From: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 18:17:00 +0300 (EETDST)
- Cc: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <20000804170852.C31695@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> you told me something about gzz and kaffe, but I was so focused on
> getting those photocopies that I missed the whole story. Can you repeat
> it, please?
Gzz runs on kaffe but a strange bug makes kaffe start returning 0 from all
stringWidth calls about two-five cursor motions from start. Totally
bizarre: it works for a while and then all cells narrow down to squares
(the current minimum width is the height).
I reported a debian bug: kaffe 1.0.6 is out, which they say fixes a lot of
bugs so it just might fix this too. It was considerably slower at startup
but about as fast in animation as IBM's 1.1.8.