Re: xanadu.net

>Oh, and I disagree that this is a paradigm-less system. You simply replace
>a paper paradigm with a spacial one (2d->xd).

I didn't say paradigmless.  I said no Icons, no Metaphors,
 and no Applications.

>The more I think about it,
>the more I prefer the object model. You can have an object (aka blob) with
>no external links but can be referenced directly (if you try to create the
>same object twice, it tells you it already has one (akin to "Oh, DAM, I
>knew that" (see below))).

Your tastes are your own and bless you; the interesting
 things about this model include:
generalization of rows and columns
use of rows and columns for some interface hooks
reversibility of all excursions

I don't concern myself with how the brain works.
 Just with the software I want for myself.

Best wishes, TN

At 02:24 AM 5/15/98 -0400, you wrote:

http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
 Home Fax: 0466-46-7368  From USA: 011-81-466-46-7368
Project Xanadu (Permanent)
 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/ 332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
Quotation of the day:
"No man can sit on more than three cats at one time."  Ted Nelson, 98.06.19.