Re: [zzdev] CVS

Congrats!  Ted

At 06:21 PM 11/7/98 +1100, you wrote:

>Being an impatient brat who's been looking for a way to avoid
>studying I've set up CVS!  Woo!
>
>Actually it's not QUITE working yet.  But it's nearly there,
>mjd's helping me test it.
>
>This means that anybody I give the readonly password too can
>check out the current dev source for a look.
>
>It also means that people that have read-write passwords can check
>things out and change them, then check them back in.  We can set up
>branches so people's revisions (like, eg, mjd's patches) stay seperate
>until whoever's in change (I think this's Xanni but it's confusing!)
>OK's them and merges them with the current source.
>

><TECH>
>If Xanni's OK with it, a CNAME for cvs.tertius.net.au to cvs.xanadu.net
>or cvs.xanadu.com.au or whatever would be nice for naming purposes.
></TECH>
>

>bekj
>
>--
>: --Neophilic-Hacker-Grrl-Geek-Eclectic-Gay-Disabled-Boychick--
>: gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/
>: The only thing more frightening than a programmer with a
>: screwdriver or a hardware engineer with a program is a user with
>: a pair of wire cutters and the root password.
>: -- alt.sysadmin.recovery

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.11.10:
"Humans are the only animals that criticize the sexual behavior of third
parties." -- TN98