[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Ranks & Phyla
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Ranks & Phyla
- From: Mark-Jason Dominus <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 18:01:58 -0500
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Sun, 01 Nov 1998 19:30:24 +0900." <184.108.40.206.19981101193024.0117fc00@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
> (Actually, I think it's more like a collection of fields,
> and therefore a *record*. Sorry if that's staking it
> too literally.)
I don't see how that is, at least with a convenional interpretation of
`record'. A record is a list of the various properties of a single thing.
This is a bunch of things that all have something in common.
> (See my paper, "The Tyranny of the File," Datamation,
> late eighties ...)
Sorry, I don't have time to get to the library this month. Unless
it's on-line or you can fax or mail it, I won't be able to look it up.