[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: gzz Edit Window
- To: Marlene Mallicoat <MarleneM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: gzz Edit Window
- From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 16:24:14 +0300
- Cc: ZZ Developers <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <200010240259_MC2-B824-60D7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from MarleneM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 02:58:46AM -0400
- Mail-followup-to: Marlene Mallicoat <MarleneM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ZZ Developers <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <200010240259_MC2-B824-60D7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On 20001024T025846-0400, Marlene Mallicoat wrote:
> Hi, AJ --
> >> 1. Edit Window functions. The Home, End and Enter (carriage return)
> >> should be made to work again. Also, the ability to stripe a block of
> >> (for cut, copy, paste) needs to be put back in. Also, right now,
> >> of scrolling the text up, I get Edit Windows where the text I'm
> >> and the cell number are on top of each other, making it difficult to
> >This most likely requires a full rewrite of the edit window code (which
> >is still a kluge!).
> We very much need to know: when will this be done? It is extremely
> difficult to work with the gzz 0.1.3 stable version until these edit
> functions are implemented.
I just implemented the following in CVS:
In text edit mode:
Home goes to the start of cell content
End goes to the end of cell content
Ctrl-A goes to the beginning of the current line
Ctrl-E goes to the end of the current line
Enter can be inserted into cells
(Ctrl-A and Ctrl-E seem to be broken just now.)
The bindings are available only on new or -new -dcold'd spaces.
However, the line breaks show on screen as spaces. It's as much I could
get to work for now.
Home, End and Enter will appear in 0.1.4. Ctrl-A and Ctrl-E will if
and only if I can fix them.
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%