[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: www.xanadu.com.au
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 21:01:15 -0700
- In-reply-to: <20000813112041.C11488@xxxxxxxxxxx>; from gaia@xxxxxx on Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 11:20:42AM +0300
- References: <20000812153441.F8290@xxxxxxxxxxx> <20000812162529.A26007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20000812165156.B26007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20000813112041.C11488@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 11:20:42AM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> I can live with slowness (except with archive searches); that's what
> proxies are for. But the connection refusals bother me.
> Um... is xanadu.com.au meant to be two different IP's?
> ajk@kukkaruukku[11:16:15]:ajk$ host www.xanadu.com.au
> www.xanadu.com.au CNAME xanadu.com.au
> xanadu.com.au A 18.104.22.168
> xanadu.com.au A 22.214.171.124
> The latter consistently refuses HTTP connections.
It did indeed have two IP addresses, but I have also noticed that
the latter address seems to have some problem (probably firewall
misconfiguration at my ISP) so I have now removed that address from
the DNS. You should find the problem resolved by now.
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.com.au/ Chief Scientist, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technology Manager, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 0401 258 915