Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] gzigzag/Java ZZTreeRaster.java (fwd)

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 09:54:17AM +0300, Tuomas J. Lukka wrote:
> What I mean is that you don't need to go as far as to find an actual "root".
> Just go up in the tree a couple of steps. (at least optionally).

Yeah... but in that case the ZZGraphics instance does not know of the
other cells and thus cannot draw any connections from a cell to a distant
cell not visible.  The current system models the whole tree and tells
the ZZGraphics instance the positions of all cells, not merely of those
who are visible.

> Then it would be easy to do recursive trees, which would be useful
> e.g. for implementing & viewing finite-state machines...

The current one does cope with circularity in the "tree", if that's what
you mean.

--
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%