Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] gzigzag/Java ZZTreeRaster.java (fwd)

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 06:57:15AM +0300, Tuomas J. Lukka wrote:
> > Don't rely on it being a root - the parent can have siblings too.
>
> ???  Don't rely on what being root?
>
> If the structure is a tree, I can find the root.  If it is not, I can
>
> > Think relative, and think of being in a big tree.
>
> I'm not following you.

What I mean is that you don't need to go as far as to find an actual "root".
Just go up in the tree a couple of steps. (at least optionally).

Then it would be easy to do recursive trees, which would be useful
e.g. for implementing & viewing finite-state machines...

	Tuomas