Re: :zz: Peter's: oooo...kay: Programming

>What about programming?

1.  You can clone the currently executable cells
 (they begin with #, but only a small number of
 the current functions have been put in executable
 cells) and put them inside other cells
 (note previous definition of "inside").
 Which then contain them as subroutines.

2.  You can write your own cells in Perl.

Unforch documentation on this is delayed.

ChrzT

At 03:58 PM 6/21/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Ted,
>
>>> Fields?
>
>Records?
>
>Ain't nobody here but us Cells <g>.
>
>What you put in us, and how group, is up to you.<<
>
>Ok. What defines a cell? How big is it? Does it contain its own OS, do
>cells contain other cells with other cells in them? Is there a "nesting
>depth"?
>
>Where do I start to make stuff?
>
>What's the relationship to the screen, or other interfaces? What about
>programming? How do I identify a cell? Is there anything familiar here,
>such as a "window" or an "object"?
>
>Peter

http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
 Home Fax: 0466-46-7368  From USA: 011-81-466-46-7368
Project Xanadu (Permanent)
 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/ 332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
98.06.28
Quotation of the day:
"There are no foxholes in atheists, either."  Ted Nelson, 1960s.