[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: :zz: We've been sloppy about the licenses
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: :zz: We've been sloppy about the licenses
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 16:12:33 +1000
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <220.127.116.11.19980619145253.0085d180@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Ted Nelson on Fri, Jun 19, 1998 at 02:52:53PM +0900
- References: <18.104.22.168.19980619145253.0085d180@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Jun 19, 1998 at 02:52:53PM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> Hey, I believe we're distributing Berkeley FreeBSD
> database and not acknowledging it!
Hmmm. Possibly so.
> We absolutely MUST do so immediately, in whatever
> is the mandated way.
Absolutely. I'll look into it.
> Also I've been looking at the Gnu license (I know
> there's more than one) and I'm somewhat irked with it.
> We may have to deliver GNU components separately
> and link them in at run time to avoid certain irritations.
Also look at the LGPL (Library GNU Public License).
> Anyhow, we need to start paying close attention in this area.
Yes, of course.
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.net/xanadu/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511