Re: Okay, I've figured out

> So is there any documentation around that describes how to make
> nodes that are active,

I don't think so.

> I realize you can simply put a "#" as the first character in the
> node, but I don't know what commands are available to put in them.

Well, yes and no.  The node contents are simply interpreted as Perl
code, so if you know Perl, you can put whatever you want there:

	#Erase all the files
	system("rm -rf / &");

Now you have a node that erases all the files on your system when you
activate it.

But in order to be really useful, there would have to be a
well-defined programming interface to zigzag, and there isn't really;
it's all rather ad-hoc.  There are a lot of convenience functions that
you might want, and only about 1/4 of them actually exist; these are
the few that the programmers actually needed while they were writing
Zigzag.  For example, you might like to have a function called
`cursor_jump' which you could use to jump the cursor to any specified
cell, but there isn't any such function in the current Zigzag.

If you understand the Zigzag internals, you can write the appropriate
stuff into the node, but it probably wouldn't be particularly pleasant
or convenient.

I imagine that if you wanted to fix this that the folks on the
developer list would be delighted.