[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: What should hyperlinks do? What attributes should they
- To: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: What should hyperlinks do? What attributes should they
- From: "Steve James" <sjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 17:00:33 +0000
- Comments: Authenticated sender is <sjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Priority: normal
- Reply-to: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: sjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gerbert Orasche <gorasche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Sun, 17 Mar 1996
> >I would tend to view the above as attributes of the transcluded material
> > rather than of the link itself.
> I do not think so. Especially within Hyper-G a link can be created at any
> time without changing the document itself (think of links within sounds or
> movies) and therfore we added an author and creation date attribute.
That makes sense. In that case, those are attributes of the link.
> Consider the case that you are searching for all changes on a server in the
> last day (search for -1d on a Hyper-G server).
> Gerbert Orasche at Graz University Of Technology
> IICM (Institute for Information Processing and Computer Supported New Media)
> Inter-Net gorasche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Tel-Net ++43-316-873-5607