[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: merge release
- To: <eric@son-of-blob>
- Subject: Re: merge release
- From: Michael McClary <michael>
- Date: Mon, 10 Sep 90 04:28:19 PDT
- Cc: <xtech>
Hmmm... My wild-applause letter was sent using "R", so it was
addressed to eric@son-of-blob and xtech@son-of-blob - and it seems
to have hit eric but NOT xtech.
It only took 11 hours to get this one to compile xpp, xlatexpp, and calc.
(It's gettin' better all the time...)
xpp: - gmon-.o is still not included in the dependency mapping, so it must
be made as a separate target.
- The default target is only the libraries, and the regression tests
are not run. Make the target "tests", or the target "all" (which
does the libraries and the tests) to run the tests.
xlatexpp: - Compiles just fine. (As noted in eric's announcement, the
regression tests RUN, but they don't yet PASS.)
- As with xpp, the regression tests are not run by default.
In this case, the "all" target misses one of the libraries
included in the "default" target.
calc: - Changes to the file xpp/xpp.mk broke the makefile. I made a
revised version and sent it to wjr, who should add a few tweaks
and distribute the result.
- The file xpp/in.h (internet includes as tweaked for c++) was
missing, though it was required by serverx.cxx.
- Once these two fixes are in, regression tests pass.
Tomorrow: Merging snarfs...