Comment

I noticed the following items in the Unassigned section of the schedule
review:

>    encryption stuff (postBeta, maybe post release)
>          study stanford key distribution system, licensing
>          find single key system we trust
>          find encryption hash we trust
>          find authentication we trust

Even if you find methods you trust, there is never a guarantee that
they will remain secure forever.

I would suggest having a mechanism in from day one, where there is some
kind of version number attached to each key, indicating under what
system it was created.  That way you can have a soft conversion if
(shudder) xanadu ever has to change encryption system.  Otherwise you
might end up with a situation where all backends and frontends have to
switch at the same time.

--johan