Re: [zzdev] :zz: Comments on Gzz 06.3

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 04:16:56AM -0400, Marlene Mallicoat wrote:
> Hi, Tuomas --
>
> >0.6 is ancient; 0.8 is what we're working towards now.
>
> 0.6.3 is the one your Web site expressly urges visitors use --  just
> clarifying why we're working with it.

Yes, unfortunately true. But the point is that we've gone forwards from
that code base so much that commenting on 0.6 is not really useful to us.

We should update the web page, I know.

> >These will be different in 0.8
>
> We look forward to it -- when will this be available as a stable release?

Can't promise anything about the schedule of the stable release.

0.8alpha1 has been released and alpha2 is going to be there soon.
But these are demo releases, not intended for *ANY* real work yet.

alpha5 is when I'll be starting to use it for real work.

beta might be next spring. After that, getting to the stable release
depends on the comments we get on the beta.

See the file "TODO" in CVS for the plans on what a given release should contain.

On 4th of october we'll be having a big demo here, and after that we'll be making
a web page of the stuff we showed there.

	Tuomas