Re: [xanadu] The sunless-sea.net meta-cyber-archaeology project, and Xanadu back-ends

Roger,

Thank you very much for your response!  I have been thinking about
products, particularly in the law-firm and technical-standardization
contexts (those I know best).  May I ask a few questions?

- Does the back end care whether the front end sends FEBE commands
while the user is editing, or batches them up and shoots them off at
the end of an editing session?  I understand holding the commands
would mean that other users wouldn't see changes until they were
posted.

- Law firm document management systems have to be able to expunge
items on command.  Is Green, on R/W disks, capable of forgetting
specified documents?  (Obviously not for WORM storage :) )  Is Gold,
by any chance?

- Does the team have any thoughts about handling an editing session in
which a user deletes text, changes his mind, and then retypes the
deleted text rather than hitting Undo?  I do that periodically, and I
imagine others do as well.  The front end could certainly diff
paragraph-by-paragraph and collapse insertions and deletions of the
same text, but I'm wondering if you've figured out a better way.

I appreciate that your time is limited and am grateful for any
thoughts you can provide.  May I memorialize them on my sunless-sea
mirror?

Many thanks!

Chris