:gzz,spi,c.rel: Modularity (was Re: [zzdev] :zz,hier,tyrf: Deep overlap in ZigZag (was Re: :gzz: Modules (wuz Re: :zz,tyrf: "Re: [zzdev] Using XML import/export

u sez

>Also, "modular" is a *very* positive word for techies so you may want
>to use it in presentations and *then* explain how applitudes make really
>cool modularity possible.

A most interesting point.  That never occurred to me.

ChrzT

At 03:56 AM 7/7/00 +0300, you wrote:
>> >Well, an applitude comes pretty close to a module, in fact.
>>
>> In some ways.  But the boundary is fuzzier and there's deep
>>  overlap.  Hierarchy and encapsulation generally rule out deep
>>  overlap.
>>
>> For instance, in the genealogy demo of my Norwegian
>>  relatives, all the cells for the people might already be present.
>>  So just connecting them embraces them within the applitude.
>
>Yes, absolutely. But explaining that it is *similar* but somewhat
>different will be much better when explaining it to people who know
>about modules and not applitudes.
>
>Also, "modular" is a *very* positive word for techies so you may want
>to use it in presentations and *then* explain how applitudes make really
>cool modularity possible.
>
>	Tuomas

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965