:zz,hier,tyrf: Deep overlap in ZigZag (was Re: :gzz: Modules (wuz Re: :zz,tyrf: "Re: [zzdev] Using XML import/export

u sez

>Well, an applitude comes pretty close to a module, in fact.

In some ways.  But the boundary is fuzzier and there's deep
 overlap.  Hierarchy and encapsulation generally rule out deep
 overlap.

For instance, in the genealogy demo of my Norwegian
 relatives, all the cells for the people might already be present.
 So just connecting them embraces them within the applitude.

ChrzT

At 05:39 PM 7/6/00 +0300, you wrote:
>> Two different meanings here.
>> ? CONCEPTUALLY, ZigZag does not currently have "modules"
>>  in any usual sense;
>
>Well, an applitude comes pretty close to a module, in fact.
>
>> ? IN THE KITCHEN, where you're implementing, of course
>>  you can use whatever pots and pans you like !-)
>
>Yes, and that's what Tuukka was asking about.
>
>	Tuomas

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965