Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] gzigzag commit policy?

On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 05:13:55AM +0300, Tuomas J. Lukka wrote:
> So what's wrong with the repository itself as the place?

Nothing in particular, just a generic notion of storing a generated file
in there.

> I know it seems silly to be storing a generated file in CVS but
> OTOH if the format doesn't change the changes between successive
> versions should be small.

True.

So, we have at least three possible ways of doing this: a commit hook
using cvs2cl (rebuild it at every commit; but this is wasteful, since the
cvs2cl does not do incremental builds); a commit hook using a homebrewn
incremental script; a cronjob doing cvs2cl builds at regular intervals
and committing the ChangeLog if it changes.  Thoughts?

One problem though: the current commit log entries are not very
enlightening.

--
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%