:zz: How much trouble for d.execution?

Andrew,

I think d.execution is prob. a much clearer way
 to handle the zzshell and other interfaces
 than d.inside and d.contents.  How much trouble
 to add it?

Less pressing is d.co-execution.  My notion is
 of putting in parallel processing simply by
 making d.co-execution how you fork and
 join processes.  No reason it couldn't be used
 both for Unix fork and join and for the corres-
 ponding thread operations-- specifying one or
 the other in some way ...

Thotz?

Best, Ted

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/  (Professorial page)
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net (see also Professorial page, above)
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 99.01.20
"In order to reach the future we must survive the present."  TN99