[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [zzdev] New to the list: Pilot person
- To: "'zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx'" <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [zzdev] New to the list: Pilot person
- From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 21:04:01 -0800
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
> In the list archive, I noted a short discussion about Pilot plans --
> namely, the eventual port of perl-derived generic C code to a bunch
> of platforms, including the Pilot.
Edward, I think the idea being communicated was really that the
current zigzag is a great prototype in Perl, but that the prototype
needs to be re-implemented now in C to provide for speed, and
portability to systems (such as palmpilot) that cannot run perl.
So I suppose that your very concerns about perl's size
mirror the actual impetus for the suggestion to re-implement
Speaking for myself...