Trying to work under NT 4

I've spent the day trying to get ZigZag to compile and run on NT 4
(being new to Perl is somewhat of a hindrance).  I'm currently up a
creek without a POSIX paddle.  The Win32 distribution doesn't seem to
have a POSIX.PM (I'm using version 5.004_02).  Searching on CPAN and
DejaNews, it appears that there isn't really a POSIX.PM for NT (although
there seems to be conflicting information....)

So I tried commenting out the "use POSIX;" line, and here's what I get:

    Bareword "SEEK_SET" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at zigzag
line 627.
    Bareword "NULL" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at zigzag
line 2155.
    Bareword "NULL" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at zigzag
line 2195.
    Execution of zigzag aborted due to compilation errors.

Any ideas?  I did find a partial implementation of POSIX.PM for NT.
When I stuck it in my Perl/lib directory, I get this:

    Ambiguous use of m => resolved to "m" => at c:\perl\lib/POSIX.pm
line 44.
    Ambiguous use of x => resolved to "x" => at c:\perl\lib/POSIX.pm
line 49.
    Ambiguous use of y => resolved to "y" => at c:\perl\lib/POSIX.pm
line 52.
    Bareword "SEEK_SET" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at zigzag
line 627.
    Bareword "NULL" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at zigzag
line 2155.
    Bareword "NULL" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at zigzag
line 2195.
    Execution of zigzag aborted due to compilation errors.

Is the lack of a POSIX module going to be a real bummer?  If ZigZag only
uses a few POSIX things, it might be possible to create a module which
contains the appropriate simulations for NT...

-- mkj
Michael K. Jones <mkjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Stone Hill Consulting
+1.508.481.9041