Re: Zigzag hooks

Dear Michael:

Sorry not to have answered this sooner.

Everything that's Up on ZigZag may be found
 from my home page at Keio,
http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
 and especially
http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/zigzag/zzpage_for_students.html

I am trying to get more stuff up,
 but finding time to work on my Web pages
 is like trying to swim through molasses.

I think Andrew informed you of the ZZ developer list
zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
 to which you may subscribe,
 and the archived stuff in Australia
 (takes too long to search!  Oughta be a way to
 download the whole mess).

So anyhow, keep an eye on my ZZ pages,
 because there shd be LOTS MORE ANY MINUTE NOW
 (sigh).

Best, Ted

At 12:40 PM 11/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Andrew, Carolyn and Ted,
>
>Two of my masters students, Leena Chopra and Shila Srivastava, are
>going to do their masters project this Spring implementing an
>interface to Zigzag.
>
>Currently the only documentation they have is Ted's Wearable
>Computer conference paper.  I've tried to explain the system as
>best I could using the figures from that paper.
>
>Leena and Shila have several questions.  Here are some of them.
>They will be compiling a fuller list over the next few days.
>
>- What "hooks" or method is there to interact with the system.
>Presumably there is some API or library calls that can be used to
>access the Zigzag commands.  To build an interface or application
>over Zigzag, there must be a way to link new cells, invoke the cell
>contents, retreive the cell names or contents, etc.
>
>- What commands are currently implemented in Zigzag?  Presumable
>these are all Perl scripts in existing cells in the system.  Is
>there a "command" dimension where Shila and Leena can find all the
>existing commands?  Is it clear what each does?
>
>- Is there any other documentation, anywhere?
>
>- Carolyn, can Shila and Leena talk with you and Zhou about these
>and other issues?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Michael
>

>> Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 16:40:29 -0500
>> From: Marlene Mallicoat <MarleneM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> To: Carolyn Watters <watters@xxxxxxxxx>
>> Cc: Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Hi, Carolyn --
>>
>> > Hope all is well. Zhou is working away on the zigzag visualizer
>> >in java. Interesting dynamics.
>>
>> This is so great!   When will we get to see something?

>> Hope all's well with you,
>> Marlene

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/  (Professorial page)
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net (see also Professorial page, above)
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.11.22:
"Life is EXTREMELY strange, except we don't notice."  TN98
"Yeah, but compared to what?"  (Afterthought.)