[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] PATCH (0.55 bug): Subroutine args incorrectly propagated to curscr
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] PATCH (0.55 bug): Subroutine args incorrectly propagated to curscr
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:56:49 +1100
- In-reply-to: <19981028164722.P6044@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Bek Oberin on Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 04:47:22PM +1100
- References: <19981028040241.11259.qmail@xxxxxxxxxx> <19981028164722.P6044@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 04:47:22PM +1100, Bek Oberin wrote:
> -My- preference is to use &bar() for functions that are defined in the
> ZigZag package, and baz() for others. This means everybody has valid
> syntax and "internal" functions are somewhat distinguished visually.
> Anybody object to that?
Yes. You're introducting semantic changes for purely visual reasons.
I hereby request that we avoid the & syntax altogether unless semantically
required, and find another way to distinguish local functions. Perhaps we
should capitalise the first letter of local functions?
> I have a feeling we're going to need coding specs :-/.
We already have some, in Specs/CodingConventions. Further discussion and
suggestions to extend the existing conventions are welcome, though!
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.com.au/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511