[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Differentiate between architectures? / Save format
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Differentiate between architectures? / Save format
- From: Mark-Jason Dominus <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:05:09 -0500
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Tue, 17 Nov 1998 22:59:30 +0900." <188.8.131.52.19981117225930.01021b20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
> >> Should we start to differentiate a bit between architectures with,
> >> say, Unix.pm and Windows.pm modules?
> I would like to avoid that if at all possible.
In this particular case, it may not be possible. The details of
figuring out what the user's favorite editor is or what editors are
available are necessarily going to vary from system to system.
> Going to a Save format, for instance,
> which is fully in text mode: one long scroll
> for cell text contents, then a bunch of ASCII
> representing the cells themselves and their pointers
> to the text scroll.
Certainly the save format should not depend on the platform.