Re: (Resendo of Dirt-Simple Interface Specs):

> 11111111a22222222b33333333
>  c        d        e
> 11111111f22222222g33333333
>  h        i        j
> 11111111k22222222m33333333
>  n        o        p
> 11111111q22222222r33333333
>  s        t        u
> 11111111v22222222w33333333
>
> The numerals will be replaced by fixed-width characters.
>
> THE LETTERS WILL BE REPLACED BY GIFS.
>
> (At first we will ignore the special case of the cursor.)

If you draw the whole thing as an HTML `table', then

A. You won't have to use fixed-width text
B. You can tell the accursed table cells to to have green
   or blue backgrounds, as appropriate.

This is just a sugegstion, and not a demand for changes.

Everything else in the message would stay the same as what you said.