:zz: PERFORMANCE PROBLEM??? (was: Re: Mark-Jason's Question about attributes

>I am concerned about proliferating clones causing an unavoidable
>performance problem in large spaces.

Hey, this is a prototype !-)

Optimization comes later.  WAY later.

We're going to hit *lots* of performance problems.  Big Question is
 which ones have to get swatten first.

Best, T

At 12:47 AM 10/28/98 -0500, you wrote:

>> Both solutions are fine,
>
>I am concerned about proliferating clones causing an unavoidable
>performance problem in large spaces.  But I suppose there is probably
>a solution to this.
>
>> >	    But wait---you can't link two different cells to `male'
>> >	    in the +d.sex dimension.
>>
>> Sure you can!  Just make the "male" cell the negative endcell
>
><<<Light goes on>>>
>
>> >	    So `Homer' is linked +d.sexwards to `male',
>> >	    but `male' is *not* linked -d.sexwards to `Homer'.
>>
>> Nope nope nope.  It is a key rule of the cosmology
>>  that all links are 2-way.
>
>Yes, that's what I thought.  Just checking.
>
>>  Wouldn't be ZigZag.
>
>Right on.

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.10.28:
"The most incomprehensible thing about the universe is that it is
comprehensible."  Albert Einstein