Re: :zz: Security risk? PS--

Andrew asks:

>Beats me.  It seems to me that the risk is the same.  Can you put this
>to CNS and get a more detailed explanation of the risks that concern them?

Naah.  We have more communication right now
 than either side wants, and it's very difficult.

Next time you're here, feel free to take it up with them...  :)

At 03:44 AM 10/9/98 +1000, you wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 08, 1998 at 08:51:23PM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
>> So how come it's more of a security risk
>>  when it's loaded from a CNS copy than if I
>>  download it and run it on CNS myself?  Huh?  Huh ?-)
>
>Beats me.  It seems to me that the risk is the same.  Can you put this
>to CNS and get a more detailed explanation of the risks that concern them?
>
>Cheers,
>	*** Xanni ***
>--
>mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx                         Andrew Pam
>http://www.xanadu.com.au/                       Technical VP, Xanadu
>http://www.glasswings.com.au/                   Technical Editor, Glass Wings
>http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/                   Manager, Serious Cybernetics
>P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia  Phone +61 3 96511511

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.10.09:
"The most amazing thing is that on a small planet that circles a
medium-sized star, a species has developed that can ask these enormous
questions."  Rocky Kolb (Associated Press, 98.10)