0.8 alpha not working correctly for me

I have downloaded the 0.8 alpha version and can't get it to work normally. I use "java -jar gzz-0.8alpha1.jar -t -C" on the command line (Mac OSX). I get 2 blank windows until I hit "Home". Then I get one blank cell. I can edit it and add new cells. But where are all the other cells? How do I execute commands? Get more than 3 views (I have Vanishing, Row, and Column)? How do I use the Gzz commander window (no curser visible)? What is the Updateloop enabled button? Where should I start in reading the docs for this version of gzz? (I like the improved animation)

Here is the output in the terminal window:

JUpdateManager: going to wait for next event
No setFocusTraversalKeysEnabled method found: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException
Continuing, assuming jdk < 1.4

(I have jdk and mrj 2.2.5)

To strive for justice and get it right most of the time is better than to repudiate justice and get it wrong all the time.
http://contextbible.com - Free fully-editable hypertext World English Bible for Win/Mac