Re: [zzdev] On the ZZ trademark

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> I know of one precedent which might help matters.  "TeX" is a trademark
> held (IIRC) by the American Mathematical Society.  Any software that
> passes the "TRIP" test can be referred to with the name "TeX".
>
> Is this something that could be used with ZigZag?

So you think we could have a ZigZag test?
* There are cells and dimensions
* No user data is ever lost
* There's no cut and paste

And stuff like that? I don't know, I think there's a lot more in ZigZag
than TeX that's hard to specify. About GZigZag not being under
Ted's control, isn't it an artistic director vs. technical staff matter?
AFAIK we _want_ to get the key bindings right, we _want_ to do the other
things with or without specification, just that it's not here now. Might
also be that our time perspectives differ too much at the moment.

Wondering and pondering,
Tuukka

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: Tuukka.Hastrup@xxxxxx