[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: :zz: OOPS-y-dizzy
- From: Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 18:33:28 +0900
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <19980926005753.B1355@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <184.108.40.206.19980923062947.00795420@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19980714103046.A2074@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <220.127.116.11.19980713212722.008afb50@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19980714103046.A2074@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19980810034250.M19460@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <18.104.22.168.19980923062947.00795420@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
In a way this is good. I'd like to have a little better
architectural handle on how this is being done,
for the next stage, so I'll put together a sketch
of the class breakdown I envision, get yr comments.
All best, Ted
At 12:57 AM 9/26/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Ted Nelson wrote:
>> How's it going?
>> How are the Objects of Desire ?-)
>I've already chatted to Andrew about this:
>Havinh looked further, there's really no sensible way to OOPify the
>existing source without re-writing it. The only thing that can be
>sensibly separated out is the cell-contents stuff, which is a small
>part of the whole.
>The problem is that most of the sections are designed assuming they
>have access to everything - eg the display routines need to 'know'
>what the cell contents are directly, and so forth. If you locked
>Xanni and me up in a room for a weekend we could re-write it OOPly,
>but it'd be a big effort.
>: Gossamer gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Xanadoodler
>: http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/ | And proud of it :)
>: This above all; to thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the
>: night the day, thow canst not then be false to any man.
>: -- William Shakespeare, 'Hamlet'
Theodor Holm Nelson, Visiting Professor of Environmental Information
Keio University, Shonan Fujisawa Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368 (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.09.25:
"Love is the marshmallow on top of the blood-and-guts sundae we call life."