Re: [zzdev] File format

> I'm thinking about maybe changing the file format once more, one final
> time, for the mediaserver stuff.
>
> Basically, I'd like it to be even simpler: something like an ASCII
> format, gzipped for compression; the gzipping may be done on server
> and transport layers so we'd only need to think about ASCII code.
>
> Ideas, comments?

Sounds reasonable. It needs to be changed anyway, since all dimensions'
connections now need to be
saved in one block, since in the beginning of a block we need a reference to
the previous block
this is based on, and since we need transclusions.

Basically it should be span-based, using a "VersionSpan" thing. The first
few bytes of the block,
indicating the previous block this is based on, would not be part of the
span; they would only
determine whether a VersionSpan can be used after a different VersionSpan...

VersionSpans are basically .diffs for ZigZag spaces; however, they know the
"previous version/s" on
which they can be applied.

-b.

http://www.gmx.net