[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
[zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zigzag] GZigZag 0.5.0 has been released]
- To: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zigzag] GZigZag 0.5.0 has been released]
- From: Jared Rhine <jared@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 06:34:04 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: Edward Harter <eharter@xxxxxxxxx>, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>, ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <20010123161918.G14713@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20010123161918.G14713@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[Citation date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 16:19:18 +0200]
>>>>> Tuomas == Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxx>
Tuomas> If you have a *PARTICULAR* problem with version 0.5.0,
Tuomas> we'll be glad to hear about it. If you just have vague,
Tuomas> general distrust of everything, it's probably not useful
Tuomas> to continue this discussion. With free software, everyone,
Tuomas> INCLUDING YOU, is in testing. If you were paying us
Tuomas> something for it, the situation would be different.
Hear hear! Well said! A fine statement of open source development
mindset and culture. Think of it as a meritocracy of contributed
code, with little tolerance for entitlement by non-code-contributors.
Crassly stated, "Put up or shut up".
Edward, please have the grace to let Tuomas' statement be the final
word; no one needs an inevitable "clarification" of previous
statements or further pedantic discussion.
"A pessimist is one who has been intimately acquainted with an optimist."
-- Elbert Hubbard