[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] 0.4.0: We urgently need Edit Window functions
- To: Marlene Mallicoat <MarleneM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>, ZZ Developers <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] 0.4.0: We urgently need Edit Window functions
- From: Benjamin Fallenstein <b.fallenstein@xxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:52:02 +0200
- References: <200101082125_MC2-C104-6429@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <3A5AE2A7.E058AEAC@xxxxxx>
> > 1. Pressing the Enter key causes the cursor to go to a new line (and
> > doesn't put some unreadable character at the end of the current
> > line).
> The internal framework to do this needs a bit more thought, but I think
> I can do this. You're right; I did not pay enough attention to this when
> I wrote the code for the "new" edit window; that's partly because Nile,
> which uses the same layouter internally, has its own line-breaking
> system and so I didn't remember we need a different one for the Edit Window.
> I think I can do this till the end of the week (Sunday). I hope to fix
> another bug in the layouter at the same time, which causes words being
> broken at the strangest positions.
I'm still working on this. The thing is that the line-breaking algorithm
needs to be revised, which is a hairy problem. Tuomas says he has a book
about this and he will try to think of bringing it along tomorrow, so I
hope we can get this right within the next few days.