Re: [zzdev] Re: :gbg: Flame: User-hostile ethic of the Linux comm un ity

    Changing source code is no more feasible for the vast majority of people
    than is changing byte code.

The difference is like night and day.  With source code, you can learn
to program and change the source code.  You can find a friend who is a
programmer who will change the source code for you.  You can hire a
programmer to do it.  But changing the byte code is not feasible at
all.

      However, I could not honestly say that the
    task of setting up an at-home web-stereo would have been even close to as
    easy on Linux.

When you say "Linux", are you talking about the kernel or the whole
operating system?  If the latter, please call it "GNU/Linux".  We're
the principal developer of this system, and if you call it "Linux"
you're not giving us any of the credit.

See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html for more explanation.