Re: conversion (Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Good news!)

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000 Tuukka.Hastrup@xxxxxx wrote:

> Exactly what's working i.e. what has been done? The cell IDs will still
> advance two in import, I guess. And can it be a problem that XML is a non-default module that needs extra libs? Maybe it's not a problem because
> we haven't had so many users this far.

Nothing new.. I just tested that it was able to go from the old to the
new. Is there something that will make problems?

> >> Then we can get rid of the previous (space) version converters, right?
> >
> > Not yet. Each stable version must understand the file formats of the prior
> > stable version, and in the first one we must understand the file formats
> > before this. But after that, yes.
>
> I still can't understand your eagerness to get rid of the version converters.
> Is it to reduce the jar size or to hide the "mistakes" made earlier? =)

To make the source code more approachable, among other things. It's
littered with old, deprecated file because of the converters (like the old
file format now).

Reducing the jar size is also not a bad idea at all.

	Tuomas