[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Fully general cell references
- To: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Fully general cell references
- From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:36:06 +0300
- In-reply-to: <20000816101717.B8215@xxxxxxxxxxx>; from gaia@xxxxxx on Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 10:17:17AM +0300
- Mail-followup-to: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <20000816100959.A8215@xxxxxxxxxxx> <20000816101717.B8215@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On 20000816T101717+0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On 20000816T101000+0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> > I have not been able to design such a structure using any bounded number
> > of dimensions.
> Actually, I just had an idea. I'll post details when I've convinced
> myself that it works.
Ok, here goes:
We need three dimensions, call them for now d.start-reference,
d.continue-reference and d.finish-reference. In the following
diagrams, negative-to-positive d.start-reference is lower-left to
upper-right, negative-to-positive d.continue-reference is left to
right and negative-to-positive d.finish-reference is bottom to up. In
the diagrams, a star denotes a helper cell (each star a different cell)
A cell A refers to a cell B which is not referred to by anyone else:
Now, add a cell C that also refers to B.
Call one of the stars D and add a cell E that refers to it.
C A *
Thus we can define that a cell A refers to a cell B if and only
if there is a cell C that is a positive neighbour of A along
d.start-reference and there is a cell D that is the endcell of the
rank along d.continue-reference on which C lies and B is the positive
neighbour of D along d.finish-reference.
I believe this works and is reasonably efficient. Comments?
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%