:zz: Home cells and slices (was Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] d.masterdim and slices

It has been asked,
>> - Is there a home cell on each slice, or only one per space?
>
>I'd say there's a special home cell on each slice. Ted?

In my recent piece about separate windows,
 I suggested that each cursor you create in your preset
 cursor list may have its own optional homecell.

If you want a slice to have its own cursor, I think
 the best way is to preset the home cell of a particular
 cursor on that slice.  Then firing up that cursor/window
 should bring in the slice.

Best, Ted

At 09:05 PM 7/24/00 +0300, you wrote:
>> Concept decisions:
>> - Is there a home cell on each slice, or only one per space?
>
>I'd say there's a special home cell on each slice. Ted?
>
>> - Are slices differentiable in the space? (Is there one rank per slice
>> along d.cellcreation? Is there one rank per slice along d.masterdim?
>> etc. Are there two operations: getSpaceHome and getSliceHome)
>
>Depends on the dimensions. Probably there will be separate ranks for the
>current set of all dimensions and the set of dimensions per each slice.
>
>> - Is there a slice that is not a slice ;-) Can we make s.0 be otherwise
>> empty but just contain the information for the compound space? This
>> way, no need to separate getSpaceHome and getSliceHome, as getSpaceHome
>> = getSliceHome(s.0)
>
>No, s.0 is the "current space" where everything is. There is stuff there.
>But this is not really related to the second part of your question: we can
>define that to be so anyway.
>
>	Tuomas

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965